1/25/10
Children....
Children...Oh what can I say about children? They are a blessing from above...a miracle if you will. Not so much what I'm thinking when they are running around at my feet whilest their parents talk amongst themselves or smile at me blankly or apologetically as if to say, "children! what can you do?" Are you serious? Do people not understand how annoying it is to just let your children do whatever they want when you're out in public? Have you ever heard the phrase "You're the adult" I'm gonna say not many people have, because I have seen many, many, many, many children run their parents. It's absolutely crazy how an adult can let a child tell them what they're going to do! It makes me giggle, makes me shed a tear and makes me upset, but mostly annoys me to all hell when I'm trying to do my job, but you're letting your child run up and down the aisle climb all over the booth, scream at the top of their lungs, take out all the sugars and pour out all the salt n peppers. Could you imagine what life would be like if servers were allowed to say what we wanted to parents about their unruly children? HA! It would be chaos, because.. some of these parents are maybe too involved in their conversations to realize thats its not ok to treat this establishment as your dining room. Perhaps realize that the other patrons in here aren't staring you down because they like your outfit, its because they want you to get ahold of ur child ruining their dining experience and understand you're not the only ones in here. I would think that it's embarassing to have your child acting like a psycho out in public, I for one get embarassed when my child acts out, so I can't imagine just sitting around acting like you don't see it. Or maybe this, if your child is a holy terror...go ahead and throw a few extra dollars on the table for the hassle, huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE IT! This is so true. They should have a sign posted up that if your child is disruptive to the entire dining experience of our patrons, there will be a 25% gratuity added to your bill and you will be asked to leave. LOL! Keep that craziness at home. If they want to let their children run around like a chicken with it's head cut off, that's what Chuck E. Cheese is for.
ReplyDelete